How Brain Training Works
Whenever you think, learn, or remember, groups of neurons in your brain physically work together to accomplish the task. If what you’re trying to do is difficult or unfamiliar, nearby neurons are drawn into the process to help you out.
LearningRx brain training exposes each student to a customized series of intense mental workouts. To perform these workouts, the brain is forced to strengthen, reorganize and even create new neural pathways. In other words, brain training “rewires” the brain to perform more efficiently than ever before.
How important is it to force your brain to work hard? According to Dr. John Ratey of Harvard Medical School, and the author of A User’s Guide to the Brain, using your brain keeps it vital and growing, and not using it leads to decay. Dr. Ratey concludes that, “for the first time, we are learning to see mental weaknesses as physical systems in need of training and practice.”
How Do We Know Brain Training Works?
A rapidly growing body of scientific and medical research continues to prove that brain training rewires the brain and creates life changing results.
For example, using noninvasive fMRI technology to create detailed images of the working brain, scientists have documented that the brains of “good” readers and “poor” readers are “wired” to function differently. Intense training makes it possible to rewire the brain so that reading becomes faster and easier than ever before.
What Can Brain Training Mean to You and Your Family?
Don’t “settle” for the brain you think you were born with. Whatever your age or situation, you really can experience the life changing benefits of a faster, smarter brain.
The results of LearningRx brain training programs speak for themselves. In fact, our students test higher in IQ—an average of 15 points higher!—after completing brain training with LearningRx.
How does this translate into real life changes?
- With stronger cognitive skills and higher IQ, our students learn things faster and easier than ever before.
- They have measurably better memory skills and concentration.
- They perform better in the classroom, on the athletic field and even behind the wheel of a car.
- They report having greater confidence in academics and in life.
- They’re more likely to go to college.
- They have an edge in their careers.
- And because there’s a link between IQ and income, they’re even likely to make more money.
Brain training rewires brains and changes lives
For more information on how brain training can improve your life or the life of someone you love, take one of the following steps:
- Find a LearningRx Brain Training Center near you and schedule an assessment. It’s your first step to a faster, smarter brain.
- Learn more about the research behind brain training.
- Read testimonials of men, women and children who have experienced the life changing benefits of LearningRx brain.