We have the answers that troubled and baffled you:
1. Why my child made so many careless mistakes?
2. Why my child can’t pay attention?
3. Why is my child not motivated and lazy to learn?
4. Why must I keep reminding my child to do things/schoolwork?
5. Why words turn off my child?
6. Why they shut down when it come to academic?
7. Why phonics don’t work for my child?
8. Why my child is so childish, can’t think, no life skills?
Before we can determine the right brain training program for you or someone you love, we need information. We get this information by conducting a professional cognitive skills assessment test. This test enables us to identify specific brain skills weaknesses, then target those weaknesses with a carefully designed series of brain training exercises. The test results also give you what you need to make informed decisions about the value of brain training for you or your family. Singapore Brain’s Cognitive Skills testing is the most time and cost efficient way of getting the results you need.
The tests are the tools
Singapore Brain uses a variety of nationally acclaimed cognitive abilities, achievement, and reading mastery tests in addition to proprietary screening tools developed to further enhance identification of individual skill strength and weakness. At our training centre, such broad, accurate, and definitive testing pinpoints weak underlying cognitive skills related to poor performance and serves as the foundation for individualized, effective training.
The professional testing tools we use include the Woodcock Johnson Tests of Cognitive Abilities (WJ III-COG) and the Woodcock Johnson Tests of Achievement (WJ III-ACH). The WJ III-COG is the gold standard of cognitive skills testing, and is used by psychologists and educators across the country to measure brain skills strengths and weaknesses.
Auditory processing: Many people have auditory processing weaknesses. With these weaknesses, there is difficulty hearing the difference, order, and the number of sounds in a word.
Visual Processing: This is the ability to form and manipulate accurate images in your mind. This skill is essential for math, reading comprehension, and many forms of problem-solving.
Memory Skills: Weakness in this cognitive skill is often the unseen culprit in a student’s inability to follow instructions.
Word Attack Skill: This skill enables a person to segment and articulate new or unfamiliar words. When coupled with an auditory processing weakness, a student is sure to struggle while reading new material.
General Processing Speed: The ease and speed with which a student handles incoming information is the basic boundary of his or her learning efficiency.
Logic and Reasoning: Planning and problem solving require a person to recognize the connections between things. Weakness in this skill obscures those connections and bogs down the learning process.
Discovering skills strength is the key
Each of the underlying mental skills listed above can dramatically impact learning performance and must be tested. Fortunately, all of these skills can also be trained and strengthened if the need or potential is identified in time through individual skills testing.
Results you can measure
Because we assess every client before and after brain training, we’re able to measure improvements made as a result of the program. (In fact, our most recent Results Report that shows before- and after-brain training statistics documenting the huge gains our clients’ experience.)
The fact that we can scientifically measure our results is one of our distinctive traits. It’s what makes us different from any other program out there. Being able to scientifically measure our results is the reason we know that:
- Our success is unmatched by any other program, including tutoring.
- Singapore Brain clients experience an average of three years of reading improvement in as little as six months of brain training.
- Singapore Brain brain training raises IQ by an average of 15 points.
- In a ranking from 1 to 100, Singapore Brain students “move up in line” an average of 29 points in cognitive skills performance following brain training.
Cognitive testing at a fraction of the cost
Your first step to a faster, smarter brain is to schedule a professional cognitive skills assessment. We offer these tests at a fraction of the cost of the exact same tests elsewhere.
Brain training really does rewire brains and changes lives
For more information on how brain training can improve your life or the life of someone you love, take one of the following steps:
- Schedule an assessment. It’s your first step to a faster, smarter brain.
- Learn more about the research behind brain training.
- Read testimonials of men, women and children who have experienced the life-changing benefits of Singapore Brain brain training programs.