Denise graduated from University of Sussex with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. Her Honours Bachelor Thesis focused on deception detection in interviews, which involves the analysis of verbal production and language style matching. During the course of her study, Denise developed an inquisitiveness on how children with special needs and learning difficulties communicate and respond to therapies.
Denise's interest lies in the field of Sensory Integration and Play Therapy along with the incorporation of nursery rhymes, rhythm, and dance movements for toddlers.
Denise tackles challenges skilfully and is highly motivated by the progress of the children. Most of her work at Singapore Brain Development Centre consists of play and cognitive therapy. As a dynamic individual, Denise also plays an integral part in equipment and safety management in our sensory gym.
She is a gym enthusiast and an avid novel reader.
- GSS Literacy & Maths course, GSS Readiness & Writing course, K to 5th Grade Handwriting course conducted by Dr. Peter Giroux of Bridging Talents
- DIRFloortime® Course conducted by Early Childhood Educator Megan King
- Introduction to Sandtray Therapy conducted by Dr. Alicia Pon
- Fundamentals of Gestalt Therapy with Children and Adolescents
- Gestalt Play Therapy Oaklander Approach conducted by Sock Kuan of Tembusu Training and Therapy
- Developmental Play Foundation Course conducted by Occupational and Creative Arts Therapist Caroline Esaame