Denise graduated from University of Sussex with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. Her Honours Bachelor Thesis focused on deception detection in interviews, which involves the analysis of verbal production and language style matching. During the course of her study, Denise developed an inquisitiveness on how children with special needs and learning difficulties communicate and respond to therapies.
Denise’s interest lies in the field of Sensory Integration and Play Therapy along with the incorporation of nursery rhymes, rhythm, and dance movements for toddlers. She tackles challenges skillfully and is highly motivated by the progress of the children. As a dynamic individual, Denise also plays an integral part in equipment and safety management in our sensory gym.
She is a gym enthusiast and an avid novel reader.
– GSS Literacy & Maths course, GSS Readiness & Writing course, K to 5th Grade Handwriting (Bridging Talents)
– DIRFloortime® 101 Course: An Introduction to DIRFloortime for Parents and Professionals (ICDL)
– Introduction to Sandtray Therapy (National University Singapore)
– Fundamentals of Gestalt Therapy with Children and Adolescents
– Gestalt Play Therapy Oaklander Approach (Tembusu Training and Therapy)
– Developmental Play Foundation (CreateCATT)
– Certificate in Ayres Sensory Integration (Collaborative For Leadership In Ayres Sensory Integration)