Farah graduated from Nanyang Technological University with a Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics and Multilingual Studies. Her Honours Bachelor Thesis paper focused on the speech perception of sounds in the Korean phonological system by Chinese and Malay speakers in Singapore as well as its implications on language development as well as acquisition of second language.
During the completion of her thesis, she developed a high interest in the aspect of language acquisition as well as language and communication disorders. This resulted in her pursuing a career with us where she can work with children who have difficulties in language skills.
Farah coaches the children in Singapore Brain Development Centre to develop and strengthen their language skills. She adopts an immensely motivating approach by helping them cultivate the love of language through effective and fun training methods.
She likes to travel and learn new languages. Farah is fluent in conversational Korean. And as an avid cyclist, she can be seen cycling in East Coast Park during her free time.
- “Activity Therapy for Persons with Special Needs” offered by Social Service Institute Singapore
- DIRFloortime® Course conducted by Floortime Practitioner Marina Grobler
- Social Thinking® Workshop offered by Connect & Communicate LLP
- Introduction to Sandtray Therapy conducted by Dr. Alicia Pon
- Introduction to Play Therapy conducted by Dr. Alicia Pon
- Developmental Play Foundation Course conducted by Occupational and Creative Arts Therapist Caroline Esaame