James graduated from Murdoch University with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. Prior to his undergraduate program, James worked as an administrative executive at an International school where he was exposed to numerous difficult situations in rejecting applications from parents with special needs children. This empathetic feeling sooner turned into an aspiration to enhance existing pre-school therapeutic interventions for special needs and learning difficulties. This motivated his choice of undergraduate study.
In Singapore Brain Development Centre, James conducts play therapy and cognitive development therapy. Given his quick-witted personality, he is constantly on the go with new ideas and methods of the delivery structure of therapies. Also, James possesses a Diploma in holistic massage. This further enhances his understanding of a child’s physical response to therapeutic stimulus. He is an avid reader and practices meditation.
James is a Certified Basic Floortime Practitioner.
James is currently the head of the Training department where she spearheads the group of therapists in training, mentoring, and also monitoring their students’ progress in therapy.
– ‘Floor time level 1’ course conducted by Maude Le Roux
– Introduction to Sandtray Therapy conducted by Dr. Alicia Pon
– ‘Floor time level 2’ course conducted by Maude Le Roux & Andrea Synder
– Tomatis Level 1 Course conducted by Clinical Psychologist Francoise Nicoloff of Tomatis Academy
– Fundamentals of Gestalt Therapy with Children and Adolescents conducted by Sock Kuan of Tembusu Training and Therapy
– DIRFloortime® Course conducted by Occupational Therapist Sophie Jakimyszy
– Level 1 Intensive Mentorship program organised by STAR Institute for Sensory Processing
– Sensory Processing Extravaganza Course conducted by Maude Le Roux