Imagine the Mind's Possibilities
Our mind, body and spirit are intertwined to meet the demands of today’s world. The feelings, thoughts and actions we experience occur through the complex actions of our brain; and the way we process environmental and internal information also has a major impact on them. The slightest change in our brain processes can influence us mentally, psychologically, physically and emotionally. The ideal brain is one where we find success and satisfaction in our daily living, career or academic performance and our social interaction, living a meaningful and fulfilling live.
Three layers of the brain:
- Reptilian Brain: This is the inner most layer of the brain (also called the "primitive brain") and has the responsibility of instinctive behavior. It handles the physical aspect of our lives.
- Limbic System : The next layer is the limbic system (also known as the "smell brain"). The "smell brain" enables emotions and processes smell and taste. This layer adds emotions to the otherwise instinctive behavior. It drives the emotional aspect of our lives.
- Cerebrum: The cerebrum is the third layer (also known as the "thinking brain"). This layer has the responsibility of processing and organizing complex sensory information so we can think, remember, plan and execute actions. It drives the rational and mental state of our lives.
The pyramid of learning begins in the central nervous system [as shown below]. Each level must properly integrate with the previous level or levels in order to move on to the next level. The ultimate goal is to reach the cognitive level of functioning in order to attend to the tasks of daily living and learning.
The Pyramid of Learning
- Sensory SystemThe brain also possesses the remarkable ability to regulate the sensory information to the demands of the environment and its current needs. An individual needs the following mechanisms in order to self-regulate:
- Modulation:The brain will turn neural switches on or off to regulate its activity and subsequently, our activity level.
- Inhibition:The brain will reduce connections between sensory intake and behavioral output when certain sensory information is not needed to perform a particular task.
- Habituation:When we become accustomed to familiar sensory messages, our brain automatically tunes them out.
- Facilitation:The brain will promote connections between sensory intake and behavioral output by sending messages of displeasure (e.g., motion sickness) or pleasure (e.g., the calming feeling of a rocking chair).
Our Preschool Wiggles, Jiggles, Liftoff , Listening Therapy, Neuro Feedback, Programs and individualized sensory integration occupational therapy develops the sensory system
- Sensory & Perceptual Motor DevelopmentThe task of safely crossing the street is an example of proper sensory integration. When you are standing at the curb paying close attention to the traffic, the "far" senses remain tuned to the task at hand. As you step off the curb, a horn suddenly blows; you automatically step back on to the curb because the auditory (hearing) sense interpreted the sound as a danger signal and your brain told your body what action needed to take place.Our Preschool Wiggles, Jiggles, Liftoff , Listening Therapy, Neuro Feedback, Programs and individualized sensory integration occupational therapy develops the sensory system
- Cognition & Intellectual DevelopmentLearning requires basic cognitive skills. Every academic activity a child participates in requires strong, efficient fundamental learning skills for successful completion. Many children become frustrated and find schoolwork difficult because they do not have the cognitive skills required to process information properly.For these children, additional schoolwork, homework, or special attention that does not address cognitive skill weakness, will simply complicate the frustration and intensify the learning difficulty. There are at least 24 major learning skills that Brain Training can enhance including visual and auditory processing, processing speed, attention, comprehension, logic and reasoning, and memory capabilities.Our Powermind, Esprit and Lift Off brain training classes together with Listening Therapy and Neuro Feedback develops the cognition and intellectual aspect of the brain.
- Language and Academic DevelopmentOur competitive school environment requires high level of language and intellectual proficiency. We use the right brain's bloom taxonomy process of knowledge, comprehension, application, analysing, synthesizing & evaluation; integrate it left brain's process in creativity, sensitivity and language fluency in our all programs.Our Preschool BrainKids and Brain Academy Programs which integrates brain training, thinking skills, and learning strategies as its curriculum. Reading program consists of Master the Code and the Learning Ears. The Holiday Programs comprises of an Exam Preparation Workshop, Brain Camp and Neuropower Camp.
- Character DevelopmentHaving set a great character, values & ethics will be a crucial difference whether you child will live out a purpose driven life which have a significant impact in the society and the family.Our Powermind Bootcamp, BrainCamp, Relish and Coaching Program develops character needed for success in live, family and work.Success in Life = Motivation × Abilities × Applied Knowledge × Character