Daljit graduated from University of Derby with a Bachelor of Science in Psychological Studies. Her Honours Bachelor Thesis focused on the comparison in overall academic performance of primary school students who did and did not attend after-school care.
Prior to her work with Singapore Brain Development Centre, Daljit tutored primary school students of all levels and subjects for over 7 years, particularly English and Science, in both classroom and home-based settings. Her passion for teaching was realised during her first few years of tutoring which further motivated her choice of undergraduate study. Teaching various different children across the levels exposed her to many learning impairments which grew into a desire to help children with language and cognitive learning difficulties.
Daljit strongly believes in early intervention and her work with us mainly consists of identifying cognitive and language impairments and coaching children to overcome these in the utmost loving approach. She is an avid reader and a venturesome traveller.
– ‘HANDLE course level 1’ (Mary Robson at The HANDLE Institute)
– LINDAMOOD BELL SERIES of Visualizing and Verbalizing® for Language Comprehension and Thinking (Bridging Talents)
– DIRFloortime® 101 Course: An Introduction to DIRFloortime for Parents and Professionals (ICDL)
– LINDAMOOD BELL SERIES of Talkies®: Visualizing and Verbalizing for Oral Language Comprehension and Expression (Bridging Talents)
– Introduction to Sandtray Therapy (National University Singapore)