Guo Hua graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic with a diploma in Occupational Therapy in 2011 and has obtained Master of Science, Occupational Therapy from Queen Margaret University (Edinburgh) in 2014. He took part in a research paper titled “Normative Data of the Beery-Buktenica Developmental Test of Visual-Motor Integration of Pre-schoolers in Singapore”, which was presented at the Asia-Pacific Occupational Therapy Conference 2011. In 2014, the research paper has been published in an international peer reviewed journal, Child, Care, Health and Development. This research was carried out in various preschools and provided useful normative data for clinicians to assess children’s visual motor abilities.
Guo Hua takes a keen interest in working with children with special needs and had gained his clinical experience by providing occupational therapy services at Fei Yue Community Services (EIPIC) and MINDSville – Children’s wing. He has been trained in various approaches such as the following:
- Reality therapy, Choice theory (William Glasser Institute)
- Social thinking (Michelle Garcia Winner)
- Therapeutic listening: Listening with the whole body (Vital links)
- Cognitive Orientation for daily Occupational Performance (CO-OP)
- Sensory Integration & Praxis Test Certified (SIPT)
- Interactive Metronome Certified (IMC)
- Greenspan Floortime Approach
His clinical experience includes managing children with sensory processing difficulties, learning disabilities and other developmental delays. He values providing family-oriented therapy and parent education, as these are essential for successful intervention outcomes in the child’s development.
Registered: Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC), Singapore