Karina graduated from HELP University with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. She spent four years as a preschool teacher at a Korean preschool before joining Singapore Brain Development Centre.
Karina enjoys interacting and working with children. Her passion to work with kids has grown even more since she started therapy and intervention work. She discovers her love for creating a joyful and pleasurable learning environment in which students may reach their greatest potential. She adopts the Floortime technique in her classes where she builds upon their strengths and abilities through creating a warm relationship and interacting. It challenges them to go further and to develop who they are rather than what their diagnosis says.
Karina is passionate about the arts and incorporates them in her classes. She also enjoys taking dancing lessons in her spare time.
– DIRFloortime® 101 Course: An Introduction to DIRFloortime for Parents and Professionals (ICDL)
– Embodied Sensation: Harnessing the Power of Interoception and
Proprioception (Sheila M. Frick from Vital Links)
– DIRFloortime® 201 Course: Promoting Basic Functional Emotional Developmental Capacities (ICDL)
– Sensory Integration: Advanced Training and Case Presentations conducted by Expert Trainer Maude Le Roux
– DIRFloortime®: Advanced Training and Case Presentations conducted by Expert Trainer Maude Le Roux