Shiva graduated from University of Buffalo with a Bachelor’s in Communication. Having worked with Singapore Brain Development Centre for the past 8 years, she has been exposed invariably to work with children of different types of special needs. She loves the challenges that come with training children with a different spectrum of disorders as well as giving constructive advice to their parents.
Shiva has a keen interest in literacy and speech difficulties. Recently, she developed an English Language Literacy programme for children with Phonological difficulties and language difficulties. This programme follows a pragmatic approach and helps children in our centre to express themselves both in written and verbal forms.
Shiva’s experience in consultancy focuses on observing and analysing clients, giving constructive feedbacks, and organising a profile for them. She also specialises in working with children’s speech difficulties through PROMPT methodology.
Shiva is an apprentice Wine Sommelier and food hedonist. During her spare time, she enjoys going for wine tasting and exploring different cuisines.
- ‘Early Intervention for Children with Special Needs’ course offered by Social Service Institute Singapore
- ‘Re Attach Therapy’ course by Bridging Talents
- ‘Level One PROMPT’ course by Bridging Talents
- DIRFloortime® Course conducted by Professional Consultant & CEO of ICDL Jeffrey Guenzel
- Tomatis Level 1 Course conducted by Neuro-Psychologist Jean Pierre Granier of Tomatis Academy
- Introduction to Sandtray Therapy conducted by Dr. Alicia Pon
- Autism Explained. The complexity, the research, the application conducted by Expert Trainer Maude Le Roux
- A Deeper Dive into Tomatis Sound Therapy conducted by Expert Trainer Maude Le Roux